Friends i love to hear from!

Tuesday 22 January 2013

A bit cheesy :)

So in an effort to use things from fridge and store cupboard I had spinach and lasagne sheets so a lasagne was on the cards!
Problem was I had no ricotta cheese.. Tried Tesco and they only had one packet left! And it was snowing like mad and already took 3 hours to get home from work( usually takes 30ins)!

A phonecall to our friendly neighbour who works in wholesale sorted the problem and for 4 packets of ricotta for £2 the deal was done!! They were due to
"Go off" in 3 days time so they were reduced to 50p each.. Bargain!!

I then invited neighbours for tea and got on with whipping up the lasagne!

It was super easy and thought I'd share it with you all!

What you'll need

Lasagne sheets
Tomato Pasta sauce
500g ricotta cheese
An egg
100g chopped mushroom
Wee bit of butter
Some grated mozzarella for the top
A grating of nutmeg
About 30g paramesan
About 20g pine nuts


Sauté mushrooms in butter then add spinach to welt for several minutes

In separate bowl mix egg, most of Parmesan, and ricotta and pine nuts

Add spinach and mushroom into
Mixture

Begin layering by starting with some pasta sauce, then lasagne sheets(I used 3 together per layer but what ever your dish will allow)

Then layer on spinach mixture then a wee bitta pasta sauce then another layer of lasagne sheets and just keep layering until u have no mixture left..
Put on layer of pasta sauce on top sprinkle with mozzarella and rest of the paramesan.. Grated nutmeg to finish the topping and put in oven at 180 deg fan oven for about 45 mins

I served it with sweet potato fries.. Made by chopping up an unpeeled sweet potato.. Coating with cornflour(makes them crispy rather than soggy) and put in deep fat fryer until golden

Guess what's on leftover lunch today... Unmmm

Enjoy

Fi. X

7 comments:

  1. Yummy. I normally use quorn in mine. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am so going to try this! For some reason lasagne frightens me but this looks easy enough, even for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is a fab recipe which I need to try some time! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and I love the thrifty ricotta ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have loved reading through your blog Fiona! I also love baking and sewing and you may well have inspired me to pick up my art again some day...thank you!Jane

    ReplyDelete