Friends i love to hear from!

Sunday 7 April 2013

Happy camper!!

So it's been a while folks!! I have been up to
My eyes with work and in last few weeks I have started to address the old 'work life balance'! I have literally been working round the clock and only time off in past 1yr as been sick leave so I'm afraid sewing had taken a back seat.. Which I did not like but with bills to pay it had to be done! Since last week I had a 'wake up call' and I just want to work to live rather than live to work!! So hopefully will b closer to being able to do that with a few financial adjustments!

I have been busy though in my (little bit of) spare time.. I painted a gilt mirror for my WC downstairs after buying it in a charity shop for £7.. Bargain .. And I just love the way it goes so well with the wallpaper!!

Last week I also watched the great British sewing bee and I loved it! .. Having been blogging on laurens and Tilly's blogs so pop over and check them out.. Lauren has a online shop with fab stuff which I have ordered from already.. A fat quarter bundle of Amybutler gypsy caravan in pesto and a pattern for a jacket ( I may Just have taken leave of my senses-- have only ever made 'Flat' things before)!

Well today I wasn't at work and look what I made.. A 'Sunny day bag'.. My 'Rainy day bag ' worked so well at bringing rain I thought a sunny one was calling.. Let's hope the sunshine stays and I could use my bag for a trip to the beach! It's a simple tote bag using some camper van fabric and my husbands old jeans.. I had a deep pink chenille fabric in my stash for the lining! It's a great size so can be used for work and to carry the current knitting or sew on the go project and a book!

Tilly's blog - Tilly and the buttons
Lauren's blog - Guthrie and ghani

My wee princess was 2 last week and she seems to have grown up overnight.. The pic below is her marching through the shopping centre saying 'hurry up mummy'

So with all this talk of campervan and caravans I'm booking a well earning holiday!

Good night all

Fi
X
















5 comments:

  1. Fab bag Fi! Hope you are doing ok! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. your bag is brill!! your mirror too and the little one xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your bag is brill!! your mirror too and the little one xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The campervan bag is great..... love little miss independent striding off with her bag x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You inspire me can't wait for you to teach me !!

    ReplyDelete